- 1 pack chicken breast tenders, cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (plus more if needed)
- clarified butter (or coconut or olive oil if you don't do dairy)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup torn fresh mint leaves
1. In a bowl or large zipper baggie, mix together chicken pieces and garlic, then toss with flour to coat. Shake off any excess flour.
2. Heat a few tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces; saute until nice and brown. (Bonus points if you get some of them to crisp up a bit.) You may have to add more butter as the coconut flour absorbs a lot of it. You don't want the pan to dry out and burn your chicken.
3. Add the mint leaves and lemon juice. Cover and steam for about 5 minutes; until chicken is cooked through yet still moist.
|see how easily the butter is absorbed? your chicken doesn't have to swim in it, but keep adding enough so it won't burn|
|brown, but not brown enough... don't be hasty!|
|ah, now that's the crispy brown we're looking for!|
|don't overcook or your chicken will get tough|