Take care when cutting your vegetables that you try to make the pieces about the same size so they roast evenly. Otherwise, the smaller pieces will begin to burn while larger pieces remain raw and hard.
Ingredients (amounts can probably vary as to what you have available)
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut in chunks
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut in 2" or 3" pieces (or use a handful of baby carrots)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and cut in eighths
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Herbs de Provence, to taste (or a select mix of your favorite herbs)
- Arrange prepared veggies on a large greased baking sheet. (Do your best to get them all to fit.) Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt, fresh ground pepper, and the herbs.
- Bake at 400F until veggies are roasted and soft (probably anywhere from 30-50min depending on how small you cut your veggies and how full the baking sheet is).
- Pulse in a food processor until nicely blended. (taste and see if you need to add any more salt or herbs)
- Serve with a bit of fresh cracked pepper on top for presentation.
|Note the vegetables are fairly uniform in size|
|mmmm... nice and roasted!|
|pulse pulse pulse!|