I found this recipe in paleomagonline.com last summer and had to share as it is the most delicious burger I have ever tasted! I love that it is jammed packed with healthy veggies.
To cut down on my prep time, I use my minichopper to prep all the veggies.
• 1lb lean ground beef
• ¼ cup Red onion, finely chopped
• 1/3 cup Carrot, finely chopped
• ½ cup Yellow squash, finely chopped
• ½ cup Zucchini, finely chopped
• A handful of broccoli florets, finely chopped
• ¼ cup packed Spinach, finely chopped
• 6 Basil leaves, finely chopped
• 2 TBSP Parsley, finely chopped
• 1 tsp Granulated onion (I just added some onion powder instead)
• ½ tsp sea salt
• Ground pepper
• Coconut oil
• 1 Avocado, sliced
1. Heat coconut oil in pan over medium heat.
2. Add onion, cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add carrot, cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add zucchini, yellow squash, and broccoli, cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add spinach, cook for 1 minute.
6. Remove pan from stove, allow veggie mixture to cool.
7. In large bowl, combine ground beef, veggie mixture, basil, parsley, salt, pepper, onion powder; mix well. Break the mixture into 4 equal-sized pieces and form into loosely-packed patties. Make a small well in the center of each patty by pressing down lightly with your thumb (this will keep your burgers from puffing up in the middle and give a flatter surface).
8. Grill for about 5 minutes per side. (If possible, brush your grill with coconut oil for extra flavor.)
9. Top with avocado slices.