This delicious recipe is out of an old issue of Cooking Light Magazine. I would never have thought to pair peach and tomato, but the flavor combo is out of this world!
- 1/3 cup red onion, thinly vertically sliced
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted and cut into 8 wedges each (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 pound heirloom beefsteak tomatoes, cut into thick wedges
- 1/2 pound heirloom cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Combine red onion, peaches, and all tomatoes in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Drizzle mixture over peach mixture; toss gently to coat
- Sprinkle with basil (and feta cheese if using).
|The best way to pit a peach is to cut the peach in half, then cut that |
half in half and twist the halves opposite directions to pull them off the pit.
|love these heirloom tomatoes!|
|I tried a new salt - black lava sea salt - to see if I could enhance the flavor.|
|My modest little window pot of herbs - it's been |
growing since Easter and I haven't killed it yet!
|So proud of my home-grown basil.|