- 1.5lb string beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes (preferably heirloom)
- 3 large shallots, peeled and thickly sliced vertically
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs of your choice (I used chopped tarragon, rosemary, and lemon thyme)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine the string beans, cherry tomatoes, and sliced shallots in a large roasting pan.
- Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and some fresh ground pepper, to taste.
- Take any fresh herbs you like and sprinkle them over top. (you could substitute with dry if that's all you have - thyme and rosemary work well)
- Give the pan a good few shakes to mix and coat the veggies in oil. (You could even add a few splashes of lemon juice for some extra flavor.)
- Roast about 25-30 minutes on a middle rack in the oven, until the string beans are soft and the tomatoes have blistered. Check the pan a few times while roasting and shake again to coat with the oil so none of the veggies burn.