You might have noticed I updated the main photo and a few others for this recipe. Don't worry, I didn't change anything else! Here is the old main photo, if it makes you feel better.
- 1 super-ripe banana
- 1 spoonful of creamy nut butter (like almond or sunflower or cashew)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
- Mash the banana with the nut butter until it has a batter-like consistency. You want to make sure you get rid of any chunks and don't have any pockets of nut butter that haven't been mixed in. You can do this in a food processor or blender. I used my stick blender and a mixing bowl.
- Break two eggs into your bowl and beat them into the mixture. Don't overblend/mix or your batter will be way too loose.
- Mix in the teaspoon of vanilla.
- Heat a few spoonfuls of coconut oil in a large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. When the pan is ready, it will sizzle if you drop a bead of water on it.
- Using a ladle, or large spoon, drop some batter onto the pan. (I do one ladle-ful to make a little larger than silver-dollar pancakes and I can fit two at a time in my large frying pan.) When the pancake bubbles on top and the underside is golden brown, flip it over using a very thin spatula. Brown the other side and then remove to a plate.
- Top with whatever you wish and serve! Makes about 6 pancakes.
|Hulk Spatula angry. Hulk Spatula too thick. Break pancake.|
You no like when Hulk break pancake.
|OH NO! What's with the ugly pancake? If this happens, it means your heat is too high. Your batter will bubble up and create thin and uneven parts and the edges will be all funky.|
|There we go, much better!|