- 16oz whole cremini mushrooms, wiped clean with damp paper towels
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 Tbsp clarified butter (can substitute with another Tbsp of grapeseed oil)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Slice the mushrooms in half lengthwise through the stem and cap (any larger mushrooms should be cut in quarters)
- Heat the grapeseed oil and butter on the stove in a pan over medium-high heat until the butter begins to froth.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and saute 5+ minutes until just soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and saute a few minutes more until flavors combine and mushrooms are fork-tender.
|When cleaning my 'shrooms with paper towels, most of that dark skin came off revealing the delicate white meat underneath.|
|2Tbsp probably feels like a lot of oil/butter, but these little sponges will soak it up.|
|Prepping my capers and fresh lemon juice.|
|Adding the rest of the ingredients to the pan.|
|Ready to enjoy!|